Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-01-2006 , 07:47 PM

mashed

yo dudes ive just finsished modelin n texture but i wont to rig my char so i watched the free tut here and set upmy joints but when it comes to binding them to skin i use a smooth bind, with 5 , n 4 but whenever i move rotate any joints for his elbow etc it moves all the rest of the body aswell, and makes some messed up deformed frog.
Do i need to seperate the arms from the body and other arm and legs into all seperate objects, the only prob then is the gaps inbetween will show when it deforms.
Ive tried loadsa different combos for the influences and still it wont just move his elbow region.
Anyone know why, all the tuts ive watched have been just one object, e.g. a arm but when its a whole char its differnt.
Heres my model its a really crap i know but the better ones dont show the whole thing aswell.
Thanks
j0sh

Attached Thumbnails