Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-12-2002 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber

Sound for a website

I have this really bad website, and I want to make a new site (got inspired today).

Anyway, I need some cool/appropriate music; I know that some freeware are not able to save but I have this Goldwave shareware (great shareware!) that is excellent for recording, however I need to make some sound with some articifial instruments and I do not have a synt/keyboard.

I remember from a time way back, when I had the Commodore Amiga 500, there was a software that you could make music using your pc-keyboard.

I tried searching the internet and scanned the mirc for channels but I still have no clue if there are any simple software for my need.

I want to make my own sound, and not use some soundtrack (of course), although I really liked the Menu-Music (!) from the DVD movie "The Watcher". Have tried to find out what track is is but I have no clue. I'll buy the cd if I bump into it in a store some time.

Anyway, can you tell me i there are any software that lets you use the keyboard on your pc for making tones and such?

# 2 03-12-2002 , 02:34 PM
Subscriber
Oh, I found the Steinberg Cubase SX Demo and after some major fiddling, I got to make some midi sound, but I can't save it.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 3 03-12-2002 , 02:46 PM
That's the drawback with most audio demos...they prevent saving. Otherwise, I'd suggest Propellerhead's Reason which is a good all-in-one solution but will still set you back in the money dept.

A hack solution to the SX problem would be to just output your sound to another source (cassette deck) without saving then bring that back into the computer if you have a soundcard that can do it. You might lose some fidelity but if you're optimizing for the web it won't matter all that much anyway, especially as background ambient sound.

# 4 03-12-2002 , 09:45 PM
Subscriber
try webattack.com, sourceforge.com and search for "mp3 authoring" or "audio authoring", sure you will find one,,user added image