Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-02-2008 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber

Kitchen Interior - TurboDan

decided to make a kitchen scene, went to ikea, took some photos and went to work.

the render turned out a lot better than the photos (i have an old digicam and no tripod so its really blurry all the time)

but anyway, what do you think? like it? dislike?

user added image

user added image

user added image

i have to thank a lot of people on the maxwell forums to supplying materials such as the granite counters.

also this is just a corner of the kitchen, i have the rest of the kitchen to render, but with only a slow single core computer im struggling to render.
the next sampling level is over 40 hours and i have other things to do with my computer in the next 40 hours thank you very much.

rendered in maxwell.

edited for 2 extra lighting variations

First year 3D Grad

Last edited by Turbo Dan; 27-02-2008 at 03:48 PM.
# 2 27-02-2008 , 01:15 PM
render looks pretty good!

it's a little dim for a kitchen in my opinion, but it's still modeled and textured well.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 27-02-2008 , 01:22 PM
Subscriber
i can brigten the lights very easily, i will fix this tomorrow for you.

thanks!

First year 3D Grad
# 4 27-02-2008 , 01:25 PM
well the lights in the cabinets and under the cabinets look ok, i'm talking about the overhead light (that i'm assuming is just off-screen).

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 27-02-2008 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
yeah, ive got the main light in the scene i can brighten which is behind the camera, and two ceiling lights above the camera. or i may just increase the iso or lower the shutter speed of the render to get more brightness.

First year 3D Grad
# 6 28-02-2008 , 06:47 AM
i think the pics with the overhead light brighter (even the one with the shelf and cabinet lighting turned off) look better than the first one... a definite improvement!

Accept no substitutions.
# 7 28-02-2008 , 12:18 PM
Really impresive, and I can't judge it because I don't know vey well the program, but keep up the good job!

Hope one day to make this impresive art works.

Gratz ^^

Dan/

# 8 12-03-2008 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber

First year 3D Grad
# 9 12-03-2008 , 11:32 AM
that's definitely an awesome render.

i think the only way you could possibly improve upon it would be a slight amount of depth of field, but it's not really necessary.

Accept no substitutions.