Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-02-2008 , 10:02 PM

Cutting/Pasting/Moving Nodes

Hi all.

I'm writing a script which does some automated crossing of objects. That is, it should "mix" two objects together (their deformers, transformations..etc). What I'm having trouble actually doing is moving the nodes of one to the other. For example (in pseudo):

create nurbsSphere1
create lattice deformer on nurbsSphere1
move lattice points around
create nurbsSphere2
move nurbsSphere2 control points around

how do I take the modified lattice of sphere1 and apply it to nurbsSphere2? Similarly, how to take the exact modifications of control points of sphere2 over to nurbsSphere1?

I was thinking, just cut the couple of nodes needed for lattice and plug them into shape. I'm not quite sure how to do that, though, and if it would actually work. Different transforms/deformers require a different number of nodes. (All this has to be automated, which is why I can't do it manually).

Thanks.

# 2 03-02-2008 , 03:56 PM
maybe you post your question in the mel section. you might be more lucky over there.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.