Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-02-2003 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber

GFX Card (Output) Query

Hi,

I am making myself a showreel. I have rendered much of my Maya stuff into Adobe Premier, which eventually will need to be copied (exported) onto VHS Videotape.

I have an NVidia Quadro 750XGL GFX card. However, when I purchased the card it was stated that it had an S-Video output-port. I have discovered that this is not the case.

I therefore need to find a way to get an output from my PC to my VHS recorder.

I can think of three options, if any one has any comments or advice on these it would be much appreciated.

1) Get another card (the company that sold me the card are prepared to swap it out). Is there an equivalent card with a TV/S-Video Out? (I cannot find one).

2) I have another standard Geforce2 card lying around (with a TV out) that I can plug into the PCI slot. But will I be able to use two GFX cards together on the same PC or is this a bad idea?

3) I have found a VGA to S-Video converter here: https://www.source.uk.com/acatalog/AV..._Products.html , but I am unsure of the potential ouptut quality.

The technical support of both manufacture and resaler were pretty poor so I couldn't get much advice of them.

Again, any advice much appreciated.
Thanks.

Jasi
user added image