Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-02-2016 , 03:40 PM

Modeling a skeleton/colliders

Hi,

I have a little question about colliders. I'm currently modeling a skeleton, with a seperate sweatshirt.
I want to use nClothe on the sweatshirt.
So I want to make a transparent collider (in form of a body around the skeleton), so the sweatshirt behaves like it is on a normal person (I hope I could explain it good enough, I'm sorry my english is not very good)

But I also want to animate it afterwards, (I'm going to rig it so the bones actually move like bones) so my question is, how do I make a collider for this?

I heard I can make coliders for the different parts of the body (like the upper arm and the lower arm etc.) and then parent them on the fitting joints, but I didn't understand how I can prevent that there will be a hole between the colliders when the rig is deformed (like, when I bend the arm, there is a hole between the lower and upper arm collider)

I would appreciate every help and thank you in advance