Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-08-2003 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber

Duplicate! wot no texture!

Hello all,
Just a quick one, When I dup an object it does'nt copy the texture accross even the default shader, It's simply wire frame until I re-assign new texture

Any one know the reason why?

Cheers

# 2 22-08-2003 , 12:34 PM
The Maya Mountain
Hmm, I'm not sure about that one... make sure your duplicate settings are reset.

# 3 22-08-2003 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
HI mike,
Yeah I have never come accross this before. If I Create an object transform, rotate and scale it to what ever shape then apply a texture, everthing's fine. If I then duplicate it it does'nt take on the texture files, it just shows it in out line. It's not copying accross the UV information!!
I have set all options to default, dont know where else to look!

Ant more ideas?

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 4 22-08-2003 , 01:56 PM
you know i've had this problem too. sometimes when i put on a texture the texture only shows up in a wire-frame type way... just a wire-frame going around it with the skin on... weird.