Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-09-2006 , 03:56 AM

Installing Overburn For Maya

I've just downloaded overburn 1.6 for Maya and i'm having a bit of a head scratch on how to install it, in the extracted Zip file i've got a series of maya ASCI files and a .xpm

Have any of you guys ever used this plug in?

If so how do you go about installing it?

Cheers

# 2 15-09-2006 , 04:48 AM
Senior Software Developer
I have just downloaded it myself. the xpm will go into the prefs/icons dir in your maya directory. As for the ma files I suspect they are stored in your scripts folder. Theres no detail on his site.

I try it tonite if no one else replies.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 15-09-2006 , 06:29 AM
Well, feel like a right idiot!!

The file contains a script file, that in my haste I didnt see, so its as simple as installing in your script files.