Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-04-2007 , 05:01 PM

A small 'Scale' quastion.

Hey guys, I am a complete noob and there is 1 thing I don't quite know... I am not very good at explaining but when you use for example Move tool then the arrows point up, right and forward no matter how your model is faced.

But when I use my Scale tool, the directions of my arrows (squares?) changes depending on the direction the model (or plane) is facing.

Is this normal or have I accidentaly changed something?user added image I think I have seen an option of this somwhere but i fergot where user added image

Thx user added image

# 2 18-04-2007 , 08:18 PM
open up the options for the tool and set it to world rather than object. you can get to the option box by double clicking the tools or going to, i think, modify>transform tools...

# 3 19-04-2007 , 01:12 AM

Originally posted by arran
open up the options for the tool and set it to world rather than object. you can get to the option box by double clicking the tools or going to, i think, modify>transform tools...

That option is only Move and Rotate, NOT for scale. >.<
But I just cannot remember...is it by DEFAULT that Scale tool is set to object rather then world or did I just messed something up?

Because if it has awlays been there then I don't mind. user added image

# 4 19-04-2007 , 01:50 AM
Lifetime Member
freeze transformations (modify/freeze tranformations)and all the tools will then be set to the world.