Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-11-2008 , 11:33 PM

INTERFACE TOOLS PROBLEMS.

Hi guys, I used to work with Maya (poly), but for the past 7 months I have been working on Alias and I have almost forgoten the tool short cuts etc. I hope someone out here can help me out.

I use Maya 2008,

From today afternoon, I noticed I can only view the perspective view and not the others,

I am only left with workspace.

I have no menu bar, status line, shelf,channel box,toolbox,helpline,command line,time and range slider, and layer editor.

user added image Can anyone of you please help me get these thing back, i am sure there is nothing wrong with the maya program i have installed. I think some of my friends fidling with it accidently changed it.

# 2 20-11-2008 , 12:44 AM
The Nurb Herd
hehe its funny picturing you working...

have you tried deleting your prefrences?

# 3 20-11-2008 , 12:47 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
If you have no menu bar, put the mouse in the middle of the work area and press the space bar, the hotbox for ALL menus will come up, go to display>UI Elements then tick as needed then your menus etc will all reappear

done!

Jay

# 4 20-11-2008 , 12:51 AM
The Nurb Herd
ha! thats a much better suggestion than mine user added image

# 5 20-11-2008 , 12:51 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Indeed!:bandit:

Jay