Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-12-2008 , 02:51 AM

Texture and skeleton help

hi guys, im uber new to this site and im soo green at Maya right now(well intermediate ahaha)

basically all i would like to do is add this picture to the front face of the little board that the model bobblehead is holding. but as you know maya is not like 3D Max when it comes to texturing. so i was wondering if anyone know an easy method

user added image

my final question is, is it possible to add a an extra joint to a skeleton or will that end up getting messed up

# 2 14-12-2008 , 07:06 PM
Subscriber
read up on texture mapping if you haven't already
you'd just assign a new material and in the colour slider you click the little checkered box and hit file from the dialog that appears. although, you need to have set up your UVs for anything to show up the way you want it to

second question: yes.
i don't remember how, but there is a free video tutorial on this site. go look for it

i would give you the links to such things but you can easily find it user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 15-12-2008 , 11:21 PM
lol yeah i saw a vid on how to add skeletons just now ahaha

thanks for the help dude