Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-04-2011 , 07:45 AM

Realism

Hi Guys, been away a while.
But just done this tin and would like to get it looking more realistic.

Could anyone give a few suggestion?

Thanks
Graham

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Miss_Nova; 16-04-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Thumbnail
# 2 11-04-2011 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
hey Sircharles!

Looks pretty real for me. You want to make the comp more real or just the sardine box?

# 3 12-04-2011 , 07:39 AM
hey Joey, I dunno Im just trying to improve on it.

Its a little side project. I suppose Im talking lighting and mood of environment,
Its currently in a HDRi environment and has an area light pointing at it and a point on the near side.

Any suggestions?

# 4 12-04-2011 , 08:10 AM
Lifetime Member
I would turn the HDR down to 0.5 Sircharles...get rid of the area light...put in a spotlight...around 1 intensity...up the cone angle...turn on MR shadows...then another spotty...turn off illuminate by default and set intense at 0.75...then start a playin...you could add a zillion lights LOL...its just a matter of tweaking and tweaking...Im trying to learn as much as I can about lighting this year...I should have learnt all I need...by the time Im 110 years old. LOL...just keep tweaking...use the IPR as it will change as you tweak something..pick a relative part of the scene so you arent doing to whole thing...at the moment I think its catching too much light.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 12-04-2011 , 09:02 AM
Subscriber
Maybe 1 thing. Try to move the table or the UV. Looks better if you cant see the uv connection (if its not seamless). I saw table like this in life so its okey. its just a tip user added image

# 6 12-04-2011 , 11:33 AM
The Nurb Herd
how about an occlusion, some dof, some imperfections in the tin maybe? your lights are probably fine. (not sure about the point light)
funnily enough i made one of these for a ch4 thing recently. if you ask me, my version looked better than the final version. user added image
its looking like a nice start tho. rather than doing a cg table. you should try comping it into a photo of a table.

# 7 12-04-2011 , 12:10 PM
Lifetime Member
bahahahah sweet dom sweet....good idea on the comp mate....I still think the reflection is too bright on the bottom left...tone that down a little I reckon....and jokes aside..thats what I have for my lunches...that very brand.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 8 14-04-2011 , 07:43 AM
Thanks for advice fellas, Ya I think I will revisit the lighting. It would probably look better placed in a real photo too, but Ill mess around with the lights first. AO olso.

anyway cheers,