Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-03-2006 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Hi,
Experiencing some wierdness.

When click on the left mouse button to select any region the screen skews on an angle. (see attached pic.)

I'm using an RADEON ATI X700 256MB card. I used this card before and didn't experience any problems, but had to stop until I got a power supply that could handle it. Got the beefier PS and am now seeing this anomoly.

Went to ATI's site and the only driver downloads for XP show posting dates of 2005.

Thanks for any suggestions.

wizzie

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-03-2006 , 12:50 PM
Subscriber
I think you have to disable Triple Buffering or any other antialias and anisotropic selections on your ATi Control Center Panel.

Hope it works.

Ps. Can't remember exactly which option, but in case you don't find it, i'll look it up and let you know.

Ioannis KarAvas

Last edited by AbsolutelyWhite; 26-03-2006 at 12:52 PM.
# 3 01-04-2006 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber

Thanks

Hi,
Sorry to take so long to respond.

I fixed that problem and now have another.

I downloaded new drivers and that took care of the skewing in the screen when I dragged over an area.

The problem I have now is thta I have lost, I don't know the word for it, little dashed lines that outline what I am currently dragging as a selection.

Makes it a little rough to select stuff in vertex mode.

Any thoughts?

wizzie