Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-02-2003 , 12:31 AM

two new problems... woo!

ok.. one problem is, i have fur attached to this incomplete model(just for testing) and the problem is, when i set the baldness to 0, the fur still shows up in the render view! This begins to be a problem when i try to paint some of the fur away so that its bald in those areas. Why is it doing this??

another problem i have, is with the ipr render. when i select the region for fine tuning.. the fur dissapears, even if i dont have the baldness not set to 0! Is there anyway to fix that?

somebody please help user added image

thanks!!

https://www.angelfire.com/apes/bmx1/help.JPG there is a picture of the problems :p

# 2 02-02-2003 , 12:54 AM
Not sure about the first one but i believe ipr doesn't support fur.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 02-02-2003 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber
IPR doesnt support fur, its just used to fine tune lighting and textures

just because you set the bladness to 0 doesnt mean there is no fur there, stupid i know, to have no fur either delete the fur altogether or set the density to 0
the baldness only affects how many interactive furs you see in the viewport user added image

dbirider: is that you in your avatar?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 02-02-2003 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber
Well I DO use IPR to render my fur. But it is correct that the fine tune doesnt support fur. Quite annoying.

Kühl
# 5 02-02-2003 , 05:17 PM
thanks guys.. it sucks that ipr doesnt support fur. That would be pretty usefull. I guess ill just kkeep on messing around with fur untill i get everything to work the way i want.

Yeah Nem, thats me. I'm a bike freak. The only problem with that, is that i cant stop braking bones lately! :o

# 6 02-02-2003 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber
haha, ive nearly cracked my back in quite a few places before on my blades so i know what u mean user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com