Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-02-2015 , 07:11 PM
Subscriber

UV's are cut apart??

I've just planar mapped one side of a 3d letter ("N"). I am in the process of positioning the 'shells' so I can have a nice map to take to photoshop. However, I'd overlooked a small row of faces so I remapped that row and resized it to go along with it's shell. I put it into close proximity to the adjacent edges. When I poly moved and sewed that row onto it's shell, it cut the row above it and it continued all the way up the shell. What the heck am I doing wrong. I've had this problem one other time but just gave up instead of figuring out why. Very frustrating! Please help...

addendum...

I think I may know what happened. The shells that are cut are ones that I "flipped" because they were backwards. I use the shaded UV display and when they come out red they have to be flipped. Is this the answer and if so, why does Maya cut them?

Attached Thumbnails

Sampson

Last edited by sampson01; 22-02-2015 at 07:23 PM.