Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-06-2008 , 08:29 AM

rigid bodies sticking together when colliding

Hi, Im having a problem with my cars colliding with eachother. There on motion paths so I created them to be passive and then set keys for them to become active right before they hit. There both being effected by gravity. When they hit though, its like they become one body and dont go in different dirctions. Thankyou if you can help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g2n7WI_CXI

# 2 16-06-2008 , 09:12 AM
Without knowing very much about how you setup your geometry, groups, and your scene in general, the only thing I can think of is to adjust the "mass" attribute on both of your objects.

Set it pretty high.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 16-06-2008 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber
add turbulence also user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 08-07-2008 , 08:20 AM
I'm pretty new at all this, but only things I can think of is that if the 2 bodies intersect they may have connected and become one box. This theory might be wrong and one way one could test this is set a keyframe where you change an Impulse value (Spin, Pos, etc).