Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-05-2006 , 06:23 AM

Pyramid

Here's a challege if anyone is interested in some texturing and bump mapping practice . . . this is a picture I took a long time ago from the top of one of the Great Pyramids Of Egypt . . .

I'm presently working on coding my Walkerman project for a bird, if no one takes this up maybe I'll do it sometime . . .

Attached Thumbnails

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 2 07-05-2006 , 10:57 PM
So the pyramid is the challenge, right? Is it that hard to texture a pyramid?

# 3 08-05-2006 , 01:03 AM
The Great Pyramid is 756 feet long on each side, 450 high and is composed of 2,300,000 blocks of stone, each averaging 2 1/2 tons in weight.

If you wanted to make it realistic, you would not be able to use just any old random function to emulate its shape. So you would be looking at a rather complex bump map. Of course, there is the easy way out . . . make it as it appeared when it was new. . .

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 4 24-05-2006 , 01:05 AM
hmm yes