Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-02-2008 , 08:05 PM
Subscriber

New House

A new house I envisioned in my head, a lot of parts of which I'd seen in a few buildings near downtown on Friday.

More to come on this one, I'd like to get a full yard on it, and an interior. Make it portfolio worthy.

If anyone has some tips/tricks or advice please do let me knowuser added image thanks!
user added image

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 2 21-02-2008 , 11:02 PM
Senior Software Developer
When you get further down the line use an HDRI to render it with. a nce outdoor HDRI will give you a great looking render.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 22-02-2008 , 09:26 AM
Subscriber
cant wait to see it all, ill keep an eye on this user added image

nice work so far ...

# 4 22-02-2008 , 11:08 AM
looks good so far, though what's going on with the reflections in the windows? - they look kind of odd.

# 5 22-02-2008 , 12:54 PM
Subscriber
the 7 panes along the bottom with the funny reflections are for the balcony. The have beveled edges which increase privacy by reflecting/refracting light. I may re-design them, but I have to wait and see how the turn out with the rest of the hardware and the borders on them.

Arch Viz Reel

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”

Last edited by alexanderH; 22-02-2008 at 01:02 PM.
# 6 22-02-2008 , 01:22 PM
yeah - the reflections just look a little odd - they look like they are reflecting the inside of the house, when surely they should be reflecting the surrounding area - which is empty. oh well, maybe it's just me. user added image

# 7 22-02-2008 , 01:30 PM
Subscriber
as I add more stuff you will be able to see better that they are indeed just distorting the light getting through to the house. And they are reflecting the house, its just distorted due to the viewing angle and the refractions. But I should stop talking about it and add some more stuff to ituser added image

Arch Viz Reel