Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-11-2010 , 04:12 PM

Flight

Hey guys, been awhile since i posted anything on here, started uni in sept so been busy, im on the course computer games modelling and animation at derby, for our assignment we had to create 'something' that resembles the theme flight, ive come up with a weird combination of things so far for my project and created a flying bike/helicopter. I feel somethings wrong so i need some crits and comments here's the model so far:

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Miss_Nova; 05-12-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Thumbnail
# 2 10-11-2010 , 04:14 PM
Crits and comments welcome please.

Wireframe:

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 10-11-2010 , 06:42 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I like the"wings" for lack of a better word, the rest looks to undefined and I personally wouldn't start from a sphere ( because of the poles, start from a cube then you have better control.
I would keep this body you made out of the sphere and throw in it in atemplate layer so you have reference and go from there.

user added image

# 4 11-11-2010 , 06:35 PM
Cheers for the input I have rebuilt base with a cube but like you said still seems undefined I was aiming for something like a hover bike/ helicopter/ jet engine style, yes i know insane but hey my lecturer wanted to see modelling skills haha. Will post updated pic later when ive tweaked some vertices.

Camrat

# 5 15-11-2010 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
Maybe try following a workflow for development of the design.

First write a spec, is it big or small, freight or fighter etc..

Try modelling just volumes and outlines using basic shapes, no detail allowed.

Once you can see the siluette and proportion that you like then start to modell on top of it ( templated )

But allways do sketches first.

Keep up the good work

user added image

free memory low..exception thrown