Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-03-2003 , 06:10 AM

nurbs.. how i hate thee

please help me.. pretty please
i enclosed two images.. in the first image when i start attaching patches of nurbs together, and all the isoparms are lined up, is it normal to have the double amount of isoparms then you did before you started attaching????
(i just used the rebuild option, but just wondering)

second is that when i'm using the open/close surfaces option.. it becomes one whole piece like it should BUT it deforms in an odd way. If you can see... one side of it just shifts over meaning that i would have to move all of my vertices again. (i know i must be doing something wrong)

Thanks
ps sorry i've been asking a lot of questions.. trying to teach myself. keyword: "trying"

# 2 18-03-2003 , 07:14 AM
The Maya Mountain
I can't see your images, but I'll try to answer.

Even if the isoparms LOOK like they're lined up, hit Ctrl A and open up the Attribute Editor and check not only the # of spans, but also the Min/Max Range U and V. From my experience, you don't want to have strange numbers in the Min/Max Range (such as something like 5.325). Also, I've had occasions where isoparms would be compacted together and practically hidden from view. While the shape looked like it had 3 spans U and 2 spans V, it actually had 6 spans U that I didn't notice.

So, check the attributes and Rebuild the surfaces with Keep : CVs. That should keep the spans the way they're supposed to be.

As for the Open/Close Surface, your geometry will shift some. Also make sure that you've got it nice and cleanly rebuilt.

Good luck. user added image

# 3 18-03-2003 , 05:01 PM
Thanks for you help... when i get home tonight, i'll go ahead and try to attach the images. I thought i did, but i must have messed up.

Thanks again
ps you're website is awesome