Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-09-2003 , 08:23 PM

while rendering....

while rendering a frame.. is there a way to find out how long the frame took to render. I have my output dialog box open, but it says total rendering time like 2 minutes, when i know it took like 20 to 30 minutes to render???

Plus is there a way to actively see my animations being rendered out. For example, when you render a still image.. you get to see it render, in the render view. But when you render a length of 100 frames or so, you can't see what you're rendering, only a percentage indicator, and you don't get a estimate time on how long the animation is going to take to render. So basically i'm working..

1. where or how do i find out how long a frame takes to render?
2. actively see my animation rendering (not a still image)?
3. how do i get an estimation, on how long it takes to render out an animation or series or frame???

ps. i've been playign with maya for about a year, and it's been bugging me. I know max, after effects, and other programs have it, but i just assumed maya didn't.

# 2 10-09-2003 , 09:14 PM
I believe there are a few mel scripts on Highend for this, tho I do not know thier names at the moment.

Try doing a search, and/or browsing the scripts in the rendering section.

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 10-09-2003 , 09:18 PM
i just dont' get why these simple things aren't already in the program.. oh well.. ya live and get luvs diapers
thanks

# 4 11-09-2003 , 02:39 PM
LOL!

Yeah, I know, max had it WAY back, so yeah, I miss that feature toouser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 16-09-2003 , 05:41 AM
Subscriber
Not sure about the "how long it takes for a frame to render out" problem, but if you want to know how far along you are in a batch render, (providing you are rendering out frames and not a single movie like an avi), you can simply open the file you have your frames set to go to and watch them pop up. The reason Maya does not display the images or have an option that displays the images while or even after they are rendered is because it takes up a lot of memory, which will obviously slow down your batch rendering total time.