Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 15-03-2011 , 12:32 AM
Lifetime Member
I had to be quick mate as Im at work, ok I used a plane...50 subs each way...then used the sculpt geo tool to get what I wanted. I then DL an image of sand...quickly UV the beach and just apply the sand texture to it...I had to copy paste a bit due to image sizes being different...then just a blur in PS to smudge a little. I then just used an ocean...apllied a bump to the sand texture...like I said, sorry Im at work...see what you think.

cheers bullet

And no...if it is a night scene I wouldnt over detail it..waste of time if you cant see it. But you could get some good highlighting if you give it some detail?

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 17 15-03-2011 , 01:54 PM
yeah that sand looks much better than anything i tried to fabricate. I really need to work on texturing more, which is why i joined this competition in the first place. Between that and organic(read as not a car) modeling i'm not sure which i'm worse at.

# 18 15-03-2011 , 09:19 PM
Lifetime Member
Here you go mate...have a look at it and see if you can improve on it, its a simple one

cheers bullet

Attached Files
File Type: zip beach.zip (40.6 KB, 193 views)

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 21-03-2011 , 01:52 PM
Will try to get some work done on this tonight but things are hectic as late with a promotion in the works to a supervisor position i'm juggling a lot more lately.

I have been tinkering with textures and the scene now as i feel most of the modeling i need to do is done.