Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-12-2005 , 05:52 PM

Horse and Cart

Hi there. Below is my first modeling venture in Maya. Let me know what you think, but be nice!

...although...if it's really sh*t please do let me know.

p.s. sorry if the render is crap, but I haven't learned anything regarding that yet.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-12-2005 , 05:53 PM
the cart...which is pretty much finished (other than the texturing of course...which I also haven't learned yet!).

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 04-12-2005 , 05:55 PM
The cart took about 2 hours, and the horse took near to 8 hours (I was learning as I went along, and didn't have any front or top reference images either :headbang: )

# 4 04-12-2005 , 06:49 PM
if this is your first work, and you had no front side references, than it is indeed pretty good..
user added image

ps. you think 8 hours is too much? wait. there will soon be a time when you start counting in the units of days and weeks..
and then, 8 hours, a day's work would seem like nothing..

# 5 04-12-2005 , 07:45 PM