Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-03-2006 , 07:36 AM
Subscriber

Im about to rip out my hair

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

*bleeds all over desk* ok heres my problem i keep trying to convert my poly's so subD's and these are NOT high poly models in any sense of the word. I'm just converting them so i can see what they'll look like when they are high polly models. So her's what im making, is a B-52 Bomber, and im working on the turbines and im TRYING to make the attachment and no matter what i do wether is be make a new object extrude face/edge etc. it keeps giving a stupid error of having to clean the ****ing thing up, so i do and then i try and convert it and BAM nothing connected anymore and ive got a bunch of floating disks. WHAT GOING ON HELP ME PLEASE IM ABOUT TO THROW MY PC OUT THE WINDOW!

# 2 27-03-2006 , 08:16 AM
Subscriber
nvm i fixed it

# 3 27-03-2006 , 08:17 AM
Not sure this will help, but it is something I have found to help when you get a major problem that will just not go away . . . . .

I export the geometry, then open up a completely new file and import the geometry into it and try whatever it was I was trying to accomplish.

I do coding a lot and another thing that helps me when I get frustrated with something is say to hell with it and find something else to do for a while, and eventually I get a new idea on how to tackle the problem and go back and try it. When you get frustrated with a particular problem, it is hard to think of ways to solve it, but if you give yourself time to mull over it, eventually the solution will come. . . user added image

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche