Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-06-2006 , 12:32 AM
Subscriber

Sub D Skin

Does anybody know why I can't paint skin weights when I bind a sub D skin to a skeleton. I have no problem doing it with polygon skins but when I go to paint the weights on a binded sud D skin I can view the weights but I can't change them.

If anybody knows please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

# 2 08-06-2006 , 08:27 AM
actually its a refresh bug (in my version of maya), make a cylinder with 4 joints in it and skin that, select joint 1, and flood it (for exmaple) and then select joint 2 and paint a bit with a replace of 1, then toggle back to joint 1, and the weights have changed.

AnDy

# 3 17-06-2006 , 10:50 AM
I found that if you just paint a bit and then hit undo and then redo real quick then its easier to paint. Does anyone know if they plan to fix this refresh bug coz its rather annoying

# 4 24-05-2007 , 06:09 AM

Got to repick this thread

I tried both of the suggested solutions but it occurs that it's no refresh bug. It seems like I can't paint the skin weights on my sub D mesh indeed. I tried different subD meshes. It simply doesn't work. I'm using Maya 8.0. Does anybody have a clue? Thanks in advance.

# 5 24-05-2007 , 08:28 AM

Yes, its a refresh bug!

But to refresh the display I had to deselect the "paint skin weights - tool" and to reselect it again. What a mess! They should fix this! Anyway, thats a third possibility to refresh your display of skin weights.