Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-01-2009 , 09:08 PM

Can you please help me to make an object?

Hey there, I did some research on simplymaya.com but I wasn't happy with the results I got. The search completely failed me, so I decided to come here and ask,

how to make a full object not like a square, because that's really the basic, but perhaps how to make a fly (a bee for instance) in a way that it would look more closley to reality? Is there somewhere a source in the internet where I can see this "making" goin "step by step"?

I found some examples in internet, but the problem I faced was that, when I clicked on the horse for instance, I couldn't mark it as a whole object, I could only click on a leg and it would show the other leg as well, but what I need is to learn how to make in Maya an object that in the further would mark as a whole not in parts. I hope you understand.

# 2 14-01-2009 , 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
Being able to model something in a realistic fashion requires you to know your tools and spend the time using them. You may want to start of with the more basic tutorials (there are so many of those available) so you get familiar with the tools/operations so you can apply them to whatever you have in mind.

I don't understand the last paragraph so well, I'm guessing the model you got from the net is made of multiple parts, there are different ways to make a model "whole", you can group, parent, you can even weld the pieces together using certain tools/ operations (depending on the geometry type).

- Genny
# 3 14-01-2009 , 09:29 PM
Based on your question I suggest you take the Franky or the Cartoon Dog (free)tutorials here.
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)