Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 15-05-2004 , 11:43 PM
thnx for the input guys! as far as her breasts go, i will be making adjustments to em, but not sure what yet, since i havent quite decided what shes going to be wearing. but for now they will kind just hang out and chill user added image anyways, i made her a bit taller, and have begun work on her hair. heres a pic of it so far:

https://img35.photobucket.com/albums/...and/hair_1.jpg

DrRobotnik thnx for the comment on my website! if you want to see some of my more recent stuff go here:

deviantart gallery

i think they'res a couple of pics there not on the other site...
I'll be working on my pirate chic most of tonight so I'll be posting more soon.
bye now!

I need a paying art job! ;o)
My website! That is groosly outdated...!

Last edited by deadhand; 16-05-2004 at 01:00 AM.
# 17 16-05-2004 , 01:00 AM

# 18 16-05-2004 , 03:34 AM
Technical Director
HOLY CRAP MAN! Thats sweet *** hair! Reminds me of Final Fantasy X. Make a tut on this. Im in shock! Dont think that I'm kissing up I just love it!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 19 16-05-2004 , 03:42 AM
hehe looks like your going for red Monika from battle chasers comic book....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 20 16-05-2004 , 06:43 AM
yep, red monika is definately my reference for this model, have you read the comics? they rock!

make a tutorial? sorry, dont have the time or inclination for that, no big secret to it though, just extrude polys and start tweaking.

i think im gonna take a break from her hair and work on her outfit for a bit. toodles

# 21 16-05-2004 , 08:15 AM

# 22 16-05-2004 , 08:41 AM
Lifetime Member
I can already see her weapons from here. LOL

Looking real good. Good luck.

Mark user added image

# 23 16-05-2004 , 09:21 AM
Subscriber
Looking real nice m8, love the hair.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 24 16-05-2004 , 02:10 PM
The Maya Mountain
Looking good user added image Nice job.

# 25 16-05-2004 , 02:46 PM
really good m8! user added image i love everything about it

Ipso Facto Meenie Moe... MAGICO!!!
# 26 16-05-2004 , 11:22 PM
thanks for all the compliments !! been working hard on her so i hope she turns out good. I've run into a problem, maybe someone here knows how to fix it... for some reason i cannot perform a split polygon operation or subdivide anything on the body part of my model... i can manipulate a vertex and extrude just fine however. Also if i undo an operation after i attempt to split a poly, sometimes the whole thing disappears! its really wierd and frustrating... anyone knoe whats going on?

# 27 17-05-2004 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
i've experienced that before (not being able to split). that was because i had 2 vertices on the same point in space. it really rook all of my patience to clean everything up since i couldn't get the clean-up mesh to work. i hope that helps user added image

nice work btw. :tup: nice character design user added image

[SIZE=1.5]They say if you keep on trying, its good exercise.....lol[/SIZE]
# 28 17-05-2004 , 01:10 AM
aha! fixed the problem, somehow i have the mesh set as a template...user added image so i went to actions > untemplate and viola im back in business user added image

thnx for the comment Frayo! btw i really like your pirate design ! good luck!

# 29 17-05-2004 , 05:43 AM
Love the look of the character, has more of a dramatic look like you'd see in comics or a 'hero' character design user added image

nice work.

# 30 17-05-2004 , 06:51 AM
thanks for the comment 3Demon! I am going for a comic-style character. Im discovering that is hard to do in 3d...

well, i've been playing around a bit and finally figured out how to (with the help of F1 user added image ) use the UV texture mapping somewhat. So i made a quick texture map for her face, smoothed it and applied it. Im not very happy with it actually.... but at least i have an idea of how its done now. anyways, heres the pic:

https://img35.photobucket.com/albums/...ture_test1.jpg

I doubt i will end up taking the time to texture all of her, and will most likely scrap her face texture also. Does anyone know of any shaders or something that render out comic book-like colors?

Last edited by deadhand; 17-05-2004 at 06:53 AM.