Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-11-2009 , 06:54 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Poly to SubD problem

I am working on modeling a dragon and when ever I convert it from poly's to subd's the tail gets really messed it gets kinda pointy where my vertex's are in certain spots (mostly at the end) and then there is just a floating piece of geometry on the out side about half way around the tail, posting a picture to explain what I mean.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-11-2009 , 05:13 PM
Technical Director
Try going to Polygons>Cleanup>Option box, and make sure Non-manifold geometry is on. Then click clean up. If anything is selected afterwards, or there is an error, something is wrong with the mesh. Take a look into the area it has selected.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 17-11-2009 , 09:23 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Sorry for taking so long to get back to your reply...school and work have had me consumed for a while, anyway i did what you said and upon inspecting the model after the clean up I found this on the back of the tail

I tried deleting the the messed up part but it wouldn't let me click on the edges or verts, i then tried to delete the face it was sitting on hoping it would delete the whole thing....sadly it did not and i still could not get rid of it.....any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails