Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-04-2003 , 07:03 AM

hours, minutes, seconds

hi,
what is the mel command to get the hour, minute, and second from the users computer? the hours should be in the 12 hour format...not 24 hour format. so...i want to store the current hour, minute and second in 3 variables. for eg. 2 o' clock in the afternoon would be...2 in one variable(not 14), 0 is another, and 0 in another.thanx a lot.

# 2 20-04-2003 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
i dont precisely know how to get it ,, but there is an mel script in highend , dont know which, but is related to showing time, should help

# 3 20-04-2003 , 02:31 AM
hi,
thanx...i checked the website and the code was currentTime. and in the mel command reference, this was the description

When given a time argument (with or without the -edit flag) this command sets the current global time. The model updates and displays at the new time, unless "-update off" is present on the command line.

when i type the command in the script window, it returns a number like 22, 10 etc. what is this number?

maybe it will help to know what i am trying to achieve...i want to make a clock according to the current time of the computer. according to the hours, minutes, and seconds, i want to calculate the degrees of the hands and draw them. showing the time. thanx a lot.

P.S. i am new to maya...i don't even know if this kind of thing is possible here or not. i thought it would be because MEL is similar to programming. if not, please tell me. thanx.

# 4 20-04-2003 , 02:54 PM
Subscriber
mel is a programming language or sort of... just calls maya's API's

btw, mel is specific and exclusive to Maya only