Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-05-2003 , 02:21 PM

May Challenge - Snich - Noobie

I'm in. I guess I'm the 1st one in eh? I was going to try this next anyways, so what the heck!? I'll post my sketch and picture soon, though you can see the real me in my avatar.

"It's supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it."
# 2 01-05-2003 , 02:24 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for joining so quick snich! Thanks for understanding the rules, its just nice to be able to understand if it resembles the body as well in some form of way. Anyways, I also will be joining this shortly user added image. Cya then user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 3 01-05-2003 , 03:45 PM

A sketch

Well, here's my sketch. I'm a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, so I thought I'd use that as a theme as well. Someday I hope to animate this little guy doing different kicks and stuff. My instructor says he'll put them on his website just for fun. Anyways, as far as a picture of me, <nods to M>, I'll take one as soon as my darn digi-cam battery charges up! Cheers!

# 4 01-05-2003 , 03:57 PM
great sketch..pencil or photoshop?

# 5 01-05-2003 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber
Wow, looks great! I was also in tae kwon do for 4 and a half years and acheived my first dan black belt... i injured my leg though quite badly and couldnt go on user added image. I cant wait to see this form! Looks great user added image.

# 6 01-05-2003 , 04:13 PM
EagleKing: Thanks. It's a quick pen and paper sketch, scanned into and cleaned up a bit in Photoshop.

M: That sucks about the injury! Any chance of getting back into it? I've taught now for about 5-6 years, since 1st Dan, and I'm testing for my 3rd Dan in early June, I just found out last night. Hopefully I'll have enough time for this challenge, but I'll be spending a lot of time in the Dojang towards the end of the month.

# 7 01-05-2003 , 06:10 PM

A picture

Shield your eyes everyone! Here's a picture of the real me in my work duds, since I'm at work and all. I've found that staring at pictures of me can burn out ones retinas, so be careful!! user added image

# 8 01-05-2003 , 06:14 PM
Heh heh
Cool start. user added image

# 9 01-05-2003 , 09:09 PM

The real me.

Okay, here's the 'real' me. Now you all know my inspiration for last month's challenge! Sorry, couldn't help myself user added image

# 10 01-05-2003 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber
heheh - looks like a girl I once 'knew' user added image

cheers

Rich
# 11 01-05-2003 , 10:30 PM
Kevin
what? with or without the mask?

LOL

# 12 01-05-2003 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
hehe

jesus loves you!
# 13 01-05-2003 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
hey she looked nice after a few beers user added image

cheers

Rich
# 14 02-05-2003 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
Hey snich.. i could go back into taekwondo with my blackbelt as my master of course was authentic..and i have papers from korea and whatnot... but i dont know if i will.. as I am still in shape, but have lost the flexibility for it user added image. I still might though when i have a bit more free time on my hands.. it definately was the best thing for me i had ever done.. I was at my peak of almost everything beacuse of it, best of luck on your 3rd dan, thats an amazing acheivement! BTW, you know that shot you did of yourself.. thats what i was going to do! I was going to see if anyone else did it.. hahaha. Cya.

# 15 02-05-2003 , 07:57 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by cb8rwh
hey she looked nice after a few beers user added image

hahahahha - So true dude!! I think thats gonna be my new sig...look out for it dude!

all creds to you user added image