Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-07-2016 , 10:50 PM
Subscriber

Reflections in Metal Ray Mirror

It's been a while since I've posted on this great site. I had a client that needed some quick 3D rendering work and I have been knocking off the dust on my Maya skills. Quick question. I created a scene of a barber shop and used one of the stock mental ray textures for a mirror (dgs_material). It works awesome, with one exception. All textures beautifully show up in the mirror except one, the barber chairs. I have used different textures and they still don't show. I am expecting it is a setting on the polygon used. As an aside, I used a stock model from a company, so I don't know how they set it up. All the polys I created work great.

Thoughts?

# 2 07-07-2016 , 11:19 PM
EduSciVis-er
Have you checked that the normals on the chair are facing outward?

# 3 09-07-2016 , 12:42 AM
Subscriber
For those that might find this later, in the render settings for the poly, the box for whether the poly shows up in reflections was unchecked.