Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 10-03-2004 , 12:55 PM
nurbs are horrible to work with IMHO. I just dont like having to be so darn picky with the patches etc and matching spans. Polys just works out easier in most cases for me. It's just the way I work I guess.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 17 10-03-2004 , 06:20 PM
I never use them either. I do not like the texturing of them or modeling. Everyone has done a nurbs canyon when you start out. Void of true detail. Start to pull points here and there. I have seen some amazing things with nurbs. they are not for me either though.

# 18 04-05-2004 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
cool model , very nice work I love it, im working on a spitfire v model at the moment and am enjoying working with a classic plane, they are so cool.
Its in the wip section so any comments will be appreciated.
I started out using curvs and lofts in nurbs then converted to polys. I love this method it rocks.

well done

# 19 04-05-2004 , 12:46 PM
thanks I havent looked at this in ages, i'm far too busy at work and wit the a10... maybe i'll finish it someday or it'll end up like the tank user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 20 07-06-2004 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber
very good model,

Just a question i am not quite 100% sure i want to commit my self to as i may have it wrong user added image user added image

If there are two prop sets on the front of plane - should they counter rotate? (Like that strange Russian Helo), & if this IS the case then you need to alter the pitch angle one set of blades user added image -

maybe ? i dunno, maybe i'll just get my coat

M

MURPH
# 21 07-06-2004 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber
Nice work! lookin' forward to see it textured

# 22 04-07-2004 , 06:44 AM
Subscriber
yes, some insight into the texturing process for this model would be very interisting.

cheers

Ben