Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-08-2004 , 08:44 PM

Texturing problem

I have created a simple Blinn with a color on it (for an airplane), now I want to put an simple text logo over top of the color. My thought is to just duplicate the blinn and then put the logo over it and just apply this new shader to the faces I need the logo on.

I"ve tried a layered texture but I can't seem to set it up properly. I need to place it on a just a few faces. I tried creating the logo with the exact same bg color in Photoshop but when I apply the texture back in Maya it isn't the same color as the blinn. Can this be done in Maya?

Sorry if I sound confused but I am!

Thanks for any help.

# 2 12-08-2004 , 08:58 PM
Lifetime Member
One way you could do this is project the lable onto the airplane and then size and place it with the 2d placement node.Then once you have placed it the remainder of the airplane will be the default colour of the lable texture (usually grey), what you need to do is take your airplane texture and map it to the default colour of the lable texture by dropping the file texture onto the grey default colour and the airplane will then be that color with the lable applied.If you have a problem where the border of the lable is a different color to the airplane, you can click on colour remap and eyedrop the airplane colour to the border of the lable.

Hope this helps ...goodluck.

# 3 12-08-2004 , 10:36 PM
Thanks!

how do I project the Label?

Can I use the blinn material shader I created instead of a texture file?

# 4 13-08-2004 , 12:40 AM

# 5 13-08-2004 , 03:38 AM
I really thank you for the Tutorial but I can't seem to access it. The site must be down, I'll try tomorrow.

Thanks again

# 6 13-08-2004 , 07:48 PM
somethig wired happening to the link

Try

digital-tutors.com/digital_tutors/display_video_details.php?videoX=153

Last edited by Dann; 13-08-2004 at 07:51 PM.
# 7 16-08-2004 , 09:19 PM
Dann,
Thank you very much that was just what I needed.

Cheers!