Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-07-2006 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber

Duplicating edges and 'extruding'

Is there any quick way i can duplicate the highlighted edges and 'offset' them, I would use the cut faces tool but then i would have to adjust each joint. Or is there another easy method to do this.?

Regards

Attached Images

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 07-07-2006 , 09:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
so you want to extrude those edges but have the resulting surface be a seperate object? You could just extrude them and then select the faces and Edit Polygons > Extract to seperate them from the original.

# 3 07-07-2006 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
no, basically, i would like to have the same edge flow slightly offset from this one to create the 'knuckles' on the feet. as the edges are staggered, if i cut edge tool it it results in a straight line which would result in manual tweaking.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 4 10-07-2006 , 03:57 PM
don't use a cut tool, use the split polygon tool... it takes time sure, but at the same time no matter what you look to do you're gonna have to move verts around to get them where you want (unless you're precise as you're splitting polys)

Accept no substitutions.