Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-08-2006 , 12:25 PM

THAT GOD DAMNED WATERMARK!!!

Does anyone out there who has Maya Personal learning edition know how to get rid of that bloody watermark (excuse my language)...:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

PLEASE ANSWER!!!!
Thank you

# 2 03-08-2006 , 12:40 PM
Subscriber
That's exactly what its there for.

One way to get rid of it is buy maya . . well that's the way I did it.

# 3 03-08-2006 , 01:02 PM
You cant. its there to stop you from using it commerically.

When I was using hte PLE I got used to it it took a while but I eventually saw through it!

I was also grateful to Alias that they gave me a free version (rarther than paying £1800 for something I might not have been cut out to use)

# 4 03-08-2006 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber
if you want no watermark you have to pay.

the good news is, there's a student version available for about $400 (currently also includes free upgrade to Maya 8).
As far as i know, the student license is exactly the same as the production license that you buy for ~6000. But you cannot use the student license for commercial work, unless you want to pay a massive fine.
The student version has the functionality of Maya Unlimited.

You can find it at https://www.studica.com/alias

# 5 03-08-2006 , 09:46 PM
Aye, watermarks blow, don't they...?

The only thing that bothers me about it is that when I tried importing a file as a texture to be used on a model of mine, that blasted watermark "projected" itself onto my texture...as if the thing being there when I rendered something, that acursed watermark has to make itself present on my model too! Gah...>.<

But that was back when I was using the PLE; now I have a complete version ^.^