Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-07-2007 , 02:03 AM
Subscriber

Points should be broken down more!

I had just downloaded the first 6 videos for the 'Rigging for Low Poly Man' tutorials. I spent 14 credits, $27 dollars worth. I went to buy more points to get the last two but there are no options for 4 points. I suppose I can purchase 2 points twice but I would be spending $12 dollars or so, hardly even worth it. The next option up would be another 14 credits or another $27. But I only need two more videos!

If the points are rated according to size and bandwidth, how come it costs more the less you buy? It would make sense for it to be flat rated.

Therefore, I think points should be 1) flat rated and 2) broken down further into 2 point increments up to 14 (I.E. 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14...)

Don't charge $12 for 4 measely points!! It gives users the impression that Simplymaya are more concerned about hording $$ than giving them more value for thier money:headbang:

# 2 08-07-2007 , 07:41 AM
Subscriber
thats show biz..,

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 08-07-2007 , 12:10 PM
Jr.Who
I thought itÕs obvious that the more you buy, the cheaper they areÉÉ

# 4 10-07-2007 , 02:27 AM
Subscriber
Yes, that is obvious in the consumer world; buy 2, get 1 free and all that stuff. But when SimplyMaya says that tutorials are rated according to size and bandwidth, should they not be priced at a fixed rate?

Nobody agrees with me?

Last edited by Cleetus; 10-07-2007 at 02:29 AM.
# 5 10-07-2007 , 08:32 AM
Acid44
i think they have a nice set up for how they price things as is 2 points for about half an hour is good,3 points for upto an hour seems pretty fair to me a fixed rat would really rip them off in some cases like with the apache tutorial as compared to the cartoon dog tut the apace is fairly long parts but the cartoon dog one is about 1/2 an hr. each part if they did a fixed rate on the apache tut each long part for that would cost the same as one for the dog tut and that doesnt seem fair if you know what im talking about ...

i kinda rambled there so im not even sure what im talking about...:p

# 6 11-07-2007 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
Yea, I guess the point system is reasonble. If anything, there should be more of a breakdown. If I just need 4 points, I shouldn't have to buy 2 twice... it would save some time.

On a lighter note, I was going through the tutorials for the low poly man rigging and they are great! That Canadian guy explains things extremely well... I forgot his name. I just know he's Canadian because of the 'out' pronounciation.

And yes, I have to admit that it is worth the 27 dollars that I paid because my 'breeze' tutorials from college SUCK. The sound is muffled and the video is unclear.

Hey.. do I get some freebie points for the complements? Just 4 would be nice!

hehe.. oh well. I tried..

# 7 12-07-2007 , 04:07 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by Cleetus
ÉThat Canadian guyÉ

LOL, that Canadian guy! :lmao:

His name is Kurt. user added image

# 8 12-07-2007 , 09:24 AM
Acid44
hehe ya we canadians have some odd pronunciations but as long as people understand us its all good