Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-10-2009 , 05:18 PM

Photoshhop colours wrong in Maya

Hi All

I have made a model and a simple text texture in Photoshop, when I bring the taxture into Maya I get completely different colours from the ones I set in Photoshop.

First I wanted a gold colour, got what I want in Photoshop took it into Maya it was a much lighter colour, the only way I could get it to something like gold in Maya was to make it light blue in Photoshop.

Now I want black, set black in Photoshop and I am getting of white in Maya!!!!!

Any idears?

Thanks
Trikeman

# 2 30-10-2009 , 05:42 PM
I don't have Photoshop, nor have I ever used it. But just thinking to myself, I'm wondering if it could have something to do with RGB v/s RYB.

For example, in RGB, equal amounts results in White. But in RYB, equal amounts result in Black.

Maya operates in RGB as far as I know. So perhaps you are using RYB in Photoshop and it's messing up when importing into Maya which I don't think understands RYB.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 30-10-2009 , 07:12 PM
I think they are both in RGB, but thanks, anymore ideas?

Trikeman

# 4 30-10-2009 , 08:37 PM
The Nurb Herd
what lights do you have?

# 5 30-10-2009 , 08:44 PM
Only the defualt