Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-01-2011 , 11:50 AM

Instanced objects with gravity

I'm trying to make an emitter that emits rocks and pile up .I have an instanced object and I applied gravity to it with the dynamics on and made it collide with the plane but the thing is the instanced objects are constantly bouncing up and down and they move around the plane not staying still . How would I control the bouncing and friction of an instanced object?

thx much

YouTube - Maya Problem.avi

# 2 16-01-2011 , 01:53 PM
SM Tea Boy
You should find

Static Friction, Dynamic Friction and Bounciness under the passive rigid body your using for the floor plane. If That fails you can always try damping under the active rigid body.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 16-01-2011 , 06:46 PM
Thx tried it out but didnt work so well Im guess because the instanced gemotry cant have rigid bodies , but what I came up with was to just ditch gravity and use air -1y and that stopped the bounching

# 4 16-01-2011 , 07:16 PM
The thin red line
Just asking did you change the setting on the original objects that the instances were made from?...........dave