Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-03-2003 , 12:42 PM

Clothing?

Hi,

I'm in the prosess of building a Wizard character for my uni final year project, i've built him a cloak and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on the best way to animate this without the use of cloth dynamics or plugins? Any help would be great, thanks

James.

# 2 18-03-2003 , 03:53 PM
The Maya Mountain
You can bind it to the skeleton and adjust your weighting, you can use Lattices, Deformers, Blend Shapes and/or combinations of any/all of the above. user added image

Good luck!

# 3 18-03-2003 , 11:23 PM
you could look at softbody dynamics, tho it can be tricky to control, but subtle settings of sofbodies can add a little life into soft objects pretty fast. Collisions is wht can be a problem, and hard to control.

Good luck

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 4 19-03-2003 , 10:22 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips guys, i'll give that a try.