Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-04-2012 , 12:29 PM

Proportionally Moving Edges On Poly

Say I have a standard cube. I then insert an edge loop at the center of the cube. the top face of this cube now has two faces. I now want to select one of the top edges of this cube and move it upwards. Currently, doing this will not effect one of the faces on the top of the cube and will just angle the one face. this I understand. What I would like to know however, is it possible to raise the same edge and have the central edge move proportionally so that you create one continuous chamfered top to the curve that goes from one outside edge to the other. I already know of soft select but the results I'm getting don't put the central edge exactly in the the right place vertically. Hope my explanation isn't too wordy.

Please see image for further explanation.

really appreciate any help

JP

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by jonathanpick; 16-04-2012 at 12:37 PM.
# 2 16-04-2012 , 12:43 PM
The thin red line
Use the sliding edge tool, slide up to the top let going then slide along the edge..........dave

# 3 16-04-2012 , 12:58 PM
Thanks Daverave, That's what I wanted