Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-02-2012 , 09:02 PM

The Look

Hi, here is a link to a recent finished personal project.
Would like to hear peoples views and critique.
user added image

https://sircharlesgraham.tv/THE_LOOK.html

Rendered with mental Ray area light, final gather, bokeh depth of field and Gauss filtering.

There was some flickering of text on many of the pages which I couldn't seem to sort out.

The renders also took about a day for 200 - 300 frames. I guess this is down to the depth of field and area light.

Have a look..
Graham.

# 2 28-02-2012 , 09:59 PM
The thin red line
Over all I like it, I did not notice the flicker but thats most likely my eyes, I have herd that final gather dose course that when animating but I think it can be fixed, google final gather and animation flicker............dave

# 3 28-02-2012 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
I like it. Has a nice feel to it.. great song too btw.

I think that the pages have a bit too much reflection, look too glossy, plasticky.. that hi-light stripe.. I'd tone it down/remove it. That reflection also appears in the bottom left corner of each page for few frames.. it's unnecessary imho.

# 4 29-02-2012 , 04:25 AM
Motion Graphic Designer

comment

Good job

I think the pages are a bit glossy!!!
nice selection of music

If you can breakdown your job I appreciate that!

Keep it up

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 5 29-02-2012 , 10:12 AM
Thanks, Ya I guess they are a bit glossy, I may be able to do a render pass of them on there own. I'll try and sort that reflection too.