Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-06-2005 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber

Problem with poly head

I've been working on this model for a few days now and i deleted the faces to insert the ear and after i've attatched it my geometry looks so messed up now.. i dont know at what point this happened but i know it was during the creating of the ear.. now it seems like all my vertices are doubled and all my line work looks scrambled.
heres whats going on with the verticies
user added image
user added image

Would greatly appreciate any help.
heres a link to the file as well.
Click
- Will

# 2 29-06-2005 , 11:27 PM
im not a guru but in some training i saw they delete the extra faces and merge the vertices...and start pulling and moving ...

htp...

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 3 30-06-2005 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
ya i just don't understand how my geometry was doubled..

i guess i gotta go and delete each face one by one then start back up with the modeling.. what a waste of time

# 4 30-06-2005 , 06:05 AM
Subscriber
all u have to do is just merge those vertices.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 5 30-06-2005 , 06:45 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gohan1842
all u have to do is just merge those vertices.

That doesn't work!

I just downloaded the file and tried it. If you look at the attached picture I dragged over the Vertices and when I moved it there was another underneath it. The Drag select should have selected both.

Not sure what caused this problem for you. Sorry I can't help, but its and interesting problem.

Cheers
Paul

# 6 30-06-2005 , 06:45 AM
Subscriber
Sorry here is the Picture :blush:

Attached Images
# 7 30-06-2005 , 12:40 PM
Check out the HYPERGRAPH and see what kind of nodes you've got swimming around in there. When something funky like that happens there is bound to be an extra node or two created.

Dave

# 8 30-06-2005 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
i don't know where to find the nodes.. i'm lame

i tried deleting the faces one by one and i have to click on each face and hit delete about 4 times before it actually gets to the last one..

can someone download my file and see if they can get anything?

thanks

# 9 03-07-2005 , 02:05 PM
Hello there,
My first post in this forum.
I had a similar problem. I think it happended when i duplicated the ears and legs but i basicaly had 2 of each of the ears and legs. I just deleted the extra parts.

# 10 03-07-2005 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
problem was solved.

A friendly helper got my file and deleted the extra stuff through hypershade.

Thanks