Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-04-2007 , 03:55 PM

Spyglass help please (thanks)

Thanks for looking guys !

Ok, my 1st big problem is that I have no idea how to make the end of the spyglass.
Pic below...

user added image

Second problem is how to make a glass shader for the nurbs shpere in the front on the spyglass ... (pic below)
I think I'm going to render it in mental ray ...

user added image

And all in all this is what I have so far, any suggestions for what I have so far are very very welcomed ! (pic below)

user added image

Thanks so much for looking ! I really apreciate the help and sory for the stupid questions ...
Best wishes ...

# 2 02-04-2007 , 11:28 PM
for the endpiece you could create the profile of it using a cv curve, then revolve it.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 02-04-2007 , 11:50 PM
OMFG I totally forgot ! thanks so much man ! really thanks soooooo much ! You kick ass ...

p.s. I have a feeling that a question like "wtf is wrong ?" will soon come ...
oh well, thanks again !