Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-04-2010 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber

Renderable Camera Question

Hi all. As some of you know I have been doing a matte painting workshop over at cg society. The plan for the second half of the workshop was to set up a projection of the painting in maya and render out a camera move, you can see my first run through of this, here... https://s737.photobucket.com/home/ben_hobden

I am trying to take this a little further as I have found after effects (for compositing) quite interesting. So what I am trying to do is replace some of the static trees in my animation with animated paint effects. This is involving lots of different layers and rendering lots of different video sequences to project back onto 2d 'cards', and I am getting a bit confused about the renderable camera options in the render settings. As you can see in my screenshot, I now have three 'renderable', cameras in the scene. One i created accidentally trying to delete one of the others from the settings window, but I do actually need both other cameras in the secen still. As far as I can see there is no visible option to disable the renderable cameras, so it seems pot luck which one the animation gets rendered through. Or is it always the top of the list? Or does it render through every one at a time?

Is there a way to make sure I render out my sequence from one and only one renderable camera, and how do I tell Maya which one to choose from in the list available?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-04-2010 , 07:56 PM
Lifetime Member
To make a camera non-renderable, remove it from the list by clicking the garbage can button beside the camera name. You should have at least one renderable camera in the scene. The remove button does not appear if only one renderable camera is listed.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 22-04-2010 , 08:08 PM
Subscriber
Cheers man. I posted this question elsewhere and got excatly the same response. Made me laugh, a definite Homer Simpson 'Doh!' moment. I never maximize the render settings window, I've never had need too. The size I have it the trash cans were hidden.
tch user added image

cheers
user added image