Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 08-12-2010 , 07:40 AM
The Maya Mountain
Hehe, ok, here we go:

I usually arrive at the office before most of the rest of the art team due to my use of public transportation. If I miss my ferry boat, then I'm suddenly getting to work two hours later! So, I do my best not to miss it!

Before getting started, I'll typically take a look at gametrailers.com and giantbomb.com to keep up with current game reviews and the pulse of the industry for that day. I don't get a lot of time to play games so it's important that I stay up to date as much as possible by using other means.

I have several podcasts that I subscribe to and generally am listening to them all day at the office while working. These are an additional way for me to keep up with not only games, but films and comics as well, which all can help contribute to my subconscious creativity as well as keeping me up on pop culture.

Then it's just work work work all through the day. I'll typically head home around 6 pm (yay lack of leadership responsibility! user added image)

# 32 09-12-2010 , 06:23 AM
SM Tea Boy
Cheers Mike user added image

Sometimes its nice not to be the boss

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 33 09-12-2010 , 07:09 AM
Lifetime Member
So David are you saying you have now removed Nilla's undergarments? and are now not the boss? LOL sorry mate couldnt resist

bullet

sounds like you are a busy person too Mike....I can see from what I have read about a different industry to mine...the closer you get or are at in planning/organising etc etc the workload increases...which in fact is identical to us construction people. So no matter what you do really as a job...you will end up putting in a lot of unpaid hours...doing thankless tasks to get the job done...whilst most of the crew are at the pub...makes you wonder sometimes which end of the stick one would prefer?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 34 09-12-2010 , 07:42 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, I have no real desire to be put in charge of an art team. The only "in charge" I fantasize about is to somehow be the Creative Director for my own projects, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms!

# 35 09-12-2010 , 11:04 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Thanks Guys for all the cool feedback.

3dStudent: mmm, its just depends on the production limitations per model. You might only get a 3-4 days on a character, 1 day on a prop but then you may get a month or more on either as well, as I said its all down to the actual production limitations which are obviously budget constrained.

Mike, thanks dude, well can you get me a lead position then LOL. You must do a write up too, it would give an insight into the games side of things

cheers
Jay