Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-07-2003 , 06:19 AM
Subscriber

how tos

all the links of the old how tos are dead anyone know of how to get to them since the site became alias.com

# 2 30-07-2003 , 06:27 AM
Subscriber
Wow man I was just going to ask that question LOLuser added image I was looking for the PFD on how to make a reflection on a glass with light hiting it. Im there now looking for it, If I find it ,Ill post it here.user added image

# 3 30-07-2003 , 10:20 AM
ander the downloads and comunity tabs
youll have to be registered to download em tough...

# 4 30-07-2003 , 01:54 PM
Subscriber
and it seams all the old tutorials got deleted since it is alias.com. has an amazing 5 tutorials left. and 6 for ple. not the nice html tutorials it had once. oh, and i dont even want to start with the 3d 101 - look at it - but dont expect wonders. and only the modeling section seams to work. user added image

# 5 30-07-2003 , 02:48 PM
The rumors that I've heard around the web about this are below.

NOTE: THESE ARE JUST RUMORS! Not confirmed facts!

They are just things I've read on other 3D sites w/Maya-related content.

1. Alias will be getting thier tuts back up, with a LOT more tuts added on a REGULAR basis by a new tutorial team.

2. Alias is in the process of completing the design/code for a full-on tutorial/forum site to compete with all of ours!
(Kinda like Gnomon, but with straight information from the horses mouth)

3. Alias will not have tutorials anymore, because they believe the community has done a good job doing that already.

4. OTHER than the PLE users "public area" tuts, the good tuts will now be iether subscription-based, and/or permission-based on a valid liscense. So for the good tuts, if you don't own Maya, you will not be able to see them. (stupidest rumor IMHO)

Again, these are just RUMORS that I have gasthered from around the web, and are NOT to be taken seriously at all.
ALSO, this post is not representative in ANY way of the views of SM and the moderators.

Read it with a grain of salt.
Toungue-in-cheek.
Wink-wink.

yada, yada....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 6 30-07-2003 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by BabyDuck
and it seams all the old tutorials got deleted since it is alias.com. has an amazing 5 tutorials left. and 6 for ple. not the nice html tutorials it had once. oh, and i dont even want to start with the 3d 101 - look at it - but dont expect wonders. and only the modeling section seams to work. user added image

Yea I checked the 3D101 stuff,It's not much but learnd a few new thingsuser added image But if I needed to get the Tut's from any other site I'd need to be a member of that site to get the Tutorials as well,, hope Alias get's it togather soon before the fall.user added image

# 7 30-07-2003 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
hey thanks for all the feedback took the tuts for granted until all the tuts were dead

# 8 30-07-2003 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
just like every thing else in life, you don't miss it till it's goneuser added image