Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 31-12-2011 , 04:49 AM
Lifetime Member

Jays Alien tut

I would like to thank you Jay for the rigging part of the tut. With the game design I am trying to help out with, I knew and still know very little about painting weights etc. You tutorial covered quite a bit but left enough for one to use the mind and discover new things. The component editor was very confusing at first...but I worked it out...hence the need for a good naming convention....which I had. I also accidently found the 'weight hammer tool' to fix verts who were off the rails LOL...after over an hour of tring to seperate a vert from an adjoining finger ...I saw the icon and used it...and it worked. So to sign off, enough to show, enough to encourage...and certainly enought to inspire...well done Jay....thanks mate.

P.S hope you have a good new year (everyone here in fact)...hope its prosperous...not just financially...family more than anything...and you at least get some well earned holiday or rest somewhere in the year.

Live long and prosper peoples

nuff said

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 31-12-2011 , 02:37 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dude

hey, its a pleasure to help out...I know how hard it is if you dont know what you are looking for...I had all that crap back in the day before there was such a thing called a 'tutorial', so any knowledge of tips I can give I will.....

all the very best to you and yours too mate.....bring on 2012 for bigger and even better things for us all!!!

Jay

# 3 01-01-2012 , 01:26 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL I know how you feel mate, when the company I work for first purchased all the GPS Survey gear, I was given the "this is the on button" and a load of books, then the "good luck old chap" and booted into the field...LOL no tutorials for that either. I eventually made up some of my own which the lads use to this day...it certainly does help with an experienced person giving you guidance.

Yep heres to a bigger and better year ahead for us all!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes