Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-09-2015 , 10:45 PM

Missing Tools on "Edit Mesh" dropdown list

Hello I'm new to the forum, I apologise for my grammar/spelling since english is not my first language. I'm looking for help with a little issue.

I just installed Maya 2015 and I was trying to find the "Insert Edge Loop Tool". Pretty simple I assumed, but when I opened the Edit Mesh dropdown list there seems to be far less tools than on my previous version of Maya. I do have the 'polygon' menu selected, and I even watched some tutorials but no one seems to have this issue. I attach a screenshot for you to see. How can I fix this?

Since I just installed it I considered that perhaps some settings are off, and it's only a matter of adjusting them to the default settings...

I hoped you could help me, thank you!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-09-2015 , 11:38 PM
SM Tea Boy
mesh tools -> multi cut tool, hold down ctrl and it will add an edge loop. Take a look at the modeling toolkit there are a lot of improvements to the modeling tools in 2015 / 2016.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 22-09-2015 , 11:43 PM
SM Tea Boy
thinking about it you may need to tick on modeling toolkit in the plugins menu, been a while since I used 2015.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 23-09-2015 , 12:44 AM
I just ticked on modeling toolkit and reopened Maya, but the Mesh Tools option is still missing on the toolbar, just as you can see on the screenshot I posted user added image The strange thing is when I open the Find Menu and type Insert Edge Loop Tool, the coordinates it gives me are where it actually should be: "Mesh Tools -► Insert Edge Loop Tool"

# 5 23-09-2015 , 12:47 AM
SM Tea Boy

# 6 23-09-2015 , 01:13 AM
It did help, thank you!! I thought I had looked in every thread, so I'm feeling a bit silly user added image
Thank you for helping solve my problem!

# 7 23-09-2015 , 01:27 AM
SM Tea Boy
No problem and welcome to SimplyMaya

David user added image