Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-03-2004 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber

Nonmanifold surfaces

Hiyas!

I really hope, you can help me out on this one. I'm tryin' for a few hours now to do the Dragon Head-Tutorial. It's really great, and I already learned an awful lot. :-)

But I can't get on with it, because my Polygon Object f***s up. (Sorry for the language, but I'm quite freaked out already).

It says, I've got "nonmanifold vertices". When I tell the Cleanup-Tool to highlight 'em, I get four or five vertices of a face, I just extruded, and then Merged.

When I tell the tool to Clean the mess up, I can convert to Subdivs, but the area looks like a lot of small bubbles and not a closed surface.

When I merge the vertices again, I get the error-message again.

Please help me!

Thank you

# 2 22-03-2004 , 09:58 PM
Could u post a sample pic?

# 3 22-03-2004 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber
Thank you for the fast response. I already fixed the problem. Since I am a noobie, I think, I just messed something up while modeling. I just deleted the faces around those vertices, and extruded them again.

Now it should work. If not, I'll post again.

Thanks again

# 4 22-03-2004 , 10:23 PM
Post a pic up so i can see a little clearer, if the problem happens again..

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 22-03-2004 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber
Hi, Kurt!

I just wanted to say, you're doing a great job! Your tutorials are just wunderful. I'm a student and just spent over 30 Wuros on your tutorials. That's a lot of money for me. But it was worth every cent.

I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the error, because I already rebuilt the model. I just don't get the error again, but if I fo, I'll post screenshots.

Thank you so much

Neo