Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-03-2004 , 05:42 PM

Lasso and step through vertices

Is there a selection tool similar to the lasso tool in Photoshop where you can draw a free form shape as your selection area? This would be useful for when I am selecting vertices.

Also is it possible to "step through" the vertices of a poly shape in the same way you can step through the vertices of a nurbs shape? This is done in nurbs by selecting one or many vertices and pressing the up, down, left, or right arrows. (This might not be possible with Polys because each vertex doesn't always have four connecting vertices).

Any help would be great. Thanks.

# 2 22-03-2004 , 05:44 PM
What version of maya are you using? Maya 5 has it in its tool box on the left side of your screen.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 22-03-2004 , 07:40 PM
Thanks Kurt, I can't believe I missed that. I never used it before and I find myself always looking at the right and top of the screen. Thanks.